Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kettungal beach

One fine day I was sitting and watching TV at home. I was at my new home which is almost 20 kms away from my old house. I was totally unaware about new place and honestly don’t know the exact route. Suddenly the phone started ringing. It was an old friend of mine who stays nearby. I told my friend that I am in a complete boredom. He suggested me to go for a walk to Kettungal beach. That’s the first time I realized that there is a beach near to my home. I can’t believe that it was so near, about 5 min by walk. This news stimulated my spirit. Immediately I took my cam and set out for a walk. I saw one old man standing on the road. I confirmed the route and started walking towards the west. I can hear the thud of waves now. After a while I was able to see the sea from a distance. My mind started dancing with joy. It is the feeling of an average Banglorean who lives in concrete forests. The sun will be parting within few minutes and the dusk will arrive soon. I clicked some shots. I saw a large crowd watching sunset with a mournful mind. Some of the youngsters were playing cricket in low light. An old man sitting on a fish boat was enjoying the solitude. He was too away from the crowd. Unknown cormorants were creating beautiful black dots in the horizon. I stood facing the sea. The whole scene seems very gloomy. For some time I became a kid and started playing with waves. When i looked around i saw people rushing out from the beach.No more kids are left in the beach. I clicked some more photos and started walking back to my home. Any way I enjoyed my evening and decided to come back next day morning for taking some photos.
Here are some photos I clicked that day










2 comments:

indicaspecies said...

Beautiful shots!

Jenson M John said...

Cool..Shijoy, I'm from that place (Parappanangadi)..sharing ur blog n snapz..Thanks.